Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pickles Anyone?

Who else out there has had a week filled with chaos? I won’t bore you with the details, let’s just say that I feel somewhat overwhelmed at this point, trying to check off all of the tasks in my Outlook mailbox and getting ready to travel to AHRMM. In fact, I could easily become bitter and negative, if I hadn’t recently pledged not to be a “pickle sucker.”

I learned about pickle suckers from Joe Tye, who coincidentally is the opening keynote speaker at AHRMM this year. I won’t steal his thunder by explaining what in the world a pickle sucker is; you will just have to make sure to see his keynote address. I know that you will not be disappointed.

Joe Tye is a force for positivity in healthcare. He reminds us how important it is to live out those aspects of common kindness and decency that (hopefully) we were all taught as young children, and why it is so important that we neither permit nor promote negativity, gossiping, whining, or complaining. You can check him out at http://www.joetye.com/.

As you prepare to travel to Boston, come ready to learn and network, expect supply chain enlightenment, and remember, let’s be nice out there.

Jon Reiners, CMRP

No comments:

Post a Comment